Property Requirements

In order to continue to offer our tenants and landlords the best service levels, we only take on properties that are of a high standard and in prime locations.

There are some minimum requirements set out by the Government and the University, such as placement of fire alarms, minimum bedroom size, minimum EPC standards etc. We can offer advice on what you would need to do to the property to reach these standards. Please see the the “How to Rent Guides” which we are legally required to be served to all tenants when signing for a property . These outline what tenants should be looking for in a good house / landlord it is a good starting point for you to see what kind of things your future tenants will be looking for in a property, and therefore the minimum standard that we require.

Required before we will accept a property:

  • Proof of ownership
  • Certificate of Lawfulness
  • HMO Certificate if applicable
  • EICR
  • EPC
  • Gas Safety Certificate
  • Legionella Risk Assessment
  • Fire Risk Assessment
  • HHSRS Risk Assessment
  • Fire Alarm Certificate if applicable
  • Emergency Lighting Certificate if applicable

Required after we accept a property:

  • TV Licence details
  • Satisfactory Certificate – Lincoln Student Housing Accreditation Scheme

We are able to assist if you require some or all of these certificates. Please head to the fees page for more information

Contact Us

Compare listings